Thursday 2 February 2023
JW Marriott Grosvenor House
How to Enter
This an opportunity for you and your organisation to showcase performance and receive due recognition for achievements. You should establish your eligibility and review the award categories and their specific entry requirements before proceeding with your submission.
Establish that your organisation meets the eligibility criteria to enter The Card & Payments Awards. In addition, please note the following:
- 2023 Awards - Entries must relate to existing or new activity in the market between 1 January 2021 and 31 August 2022 (except Best Payments Industry Newcomer and Industry Achievement Award - see below).
- Submissions for the Best Payments Industry Newcomer category must come from organisations that commenced operating no earlier than 36 months prior to 1 April 2022.
- Submissions for Industry Achievement Award are not limited by date and are open to individuals and organisations.
- Entries must be submitted by the organisation that has the direct interface with the end payer or the merchant offering the service.
- The entry can refer to European activity (if the company has a UK or Irish base). Entries from European companies are accepted if the entry references activity within the UK or Ireland and provide evidence and clear metrics.
- Judges will be looking for significant developments or additional objectives and results in the period where existing projects are referenced and submitted.
- The Organisation entering MUST include evidential documents as a PowerPoint presentation and valid metrics, the entry will not be validated without these.
Entries Open - 15th June 2022
Entries Close - 27th September 2022
Judging Period October 2022
Shortlist Announced - 16th November 2022
2023 Awards Dinner - Thursday 2nd February
Submitting an entry can be very straightforward but it can be quite an artform to get it right with TCPA, we offer a bespoke 1-2-1 consultation service to help get your entry off to a winning start. To book a 20 minute call with one of the team, simply choose your date/time via our Online Booking System.
Using the Online Entry System All entries should be submitted to us online, entry fees can only be paid by a debit or credit card online. If you require assistance please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please read through the form and check what you need to supply before starting
- It is best to prepare your entry in advance and ensure that you gain approval prior to submitting
- Note the word limits for each section – the form will automatically limit your word count
- Information can be copied and pasted from a text editor, such as Word
- Once submitted, you will receive an automatic response confirming that we have received the entry. Please note that a formal confirmation will follow approximately 48 hours later, once the team has fully processed it. A member of the team may contact you with any queries
- All material will remain confidential to the judges.
- We do recommend that you provide as many metrics as possible with your entries. You can flag any commercially sensitive elements of your entry with the wording 'Not For Publication' (we recommend the use of footnotes for this purpose). The organisers will ensure that this flagged information is not published in any form.
- Note that the 50-word description will be published so must not contain any sensitive information.
The organisers strongly recommend that when submitting entries all appropriate permissions from key stakeholders have been obtained. Third parties or co-branded card partners should be made aware that the material may appear in print in publications and articles associated with the Awards.
Entry fees are £295 plus VAT (£354) per entry.
We accept payment by credit or debit card.
Fees are not refundable in the event an entry is withdrawn or ineligible. The entry fee includes the total cost of handling your entry and the full judging process. All winners and finalists will receive a digital certificate and seal to use in their own marketing for the year of entry. Winners also receive a trophy and a bottle Champagne at the event if they attend.
Duplicate and replacement trophies can be purchased after the event additional costs apply.
The fee does not include entry to the Awards Ceremony (please review the information on table packages).
The Judging panel is made up of independent judges and industry experts who all sign up to our Code of Conduct at the start of the process. You can find a complete list of judges here.
The judges are chaired by Roger Alexander and the judging process begins in September. A selection of the judges review and score all the qualifying entries and compile a shortlist in each category. Entries are judged against the criteria specifically detailed on this website.
The judges rely exclusively on the information provided by the Award entrants in the standard question and answer format and not on any prior knowledge that they may have.
All judges meet for a final judging day and vote for the overall winners of each award.
The judges’ decision is final and there will be no opportunity for appeal, discussion or correspondence.
Many of our past entrants have teamed up with Boost Awards to assist them with putting together their entries, especially when resources are limited. Boost’s team of award entry experts have a history of success.
See how they can help you. Contact Boost Awards.