How to Enter
This an opportunity for you and your organisation to showcase performance and receive due recognition for achievements. You should establish your eligibility and review the award categories and their specific entry requirements before proceeding with your submission.
Establish that your organisation meets the eligibility criteria to enter The Card & Payments Awards. In addition, please note the following:
- 2024 Awards - Entries must relate to existing or new activity in the market between 1 January 2022 and 31 August 2023 (except Best Payments Industry Newcomer and Industry Achievement Award - see below).
- Submissions for the Best Payments Industry Newcomer category must come from organisations that commenced operating no earlier than 36 months prior to 1 April 2023.
- Entries must be submitted by the organisation that has the direct interface with the end payer or the merchant offering the service.
- The entry can refer to International activity (if the company has a UK or Irish base). Entries from International companies are accepted if the entry references activity within the UK or Ireland and provide evidence and clear metrics.
- Judges will be looking for significant developments or additional objectives and results in the period where existing projects are referenced and submitted.
- The Organisation entering MUST include evidential documents as a PowerPoint presentation and valid metrics, the entry will not be validated without these.
- Submissions are not open for the Industry Achievement Award.
Entries Open - 1st May 2023
Entries Close - Friday 6th October 2023
Shortlist Announced - Monday 6th November 2023
Awards Ceremony - Thursday 1st February 2024
All entries should be submitted to us online, entry fees can only be paid by a debit or credit card online. If you require assistance, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please read through the form and check what you need to supply before starting
- It is best to prepare your entry in advance and ensure that you gain approval prior to submitting
- Note the word limits for each section – the form will automatically limit your word count
- Information can be copied and pasted from a text editor, such as Word
- Once submitted, you will receive an automatic response confirming that we have received the entry. A member of the team may contact you with any queries.
- All material will remain confidential to the judges.
- We do recommend that you provide as many metrics as possible with your entries. You can flag any commercially sensitive elements of your entry with the wording 'Not For Publication' (we recommend the use of footnotes for this purpose). The organisers will ensure that this flagged information is not published in any form.
- Note that the 250-word entry description may be published so must not contain any sensitive information.
The organisers strongly recommend that when submitting entries all appropriate permissions from key stakeholders have been obtained. Third parties or co-branded card partners should be made aware that the material may appear in print in publications and articles associated with the Awards.
Entry fees are £345 +VAT per entry. There will be an Early Bird offer for entries made before 1 July 2023 of £295 +VAT per entry.
We accept payment by credit or debit card.
Fees are not refundable in the event an entry is withdrawn or ineligible. The entry fee includes the total cost of handling your entry and the full judging process. For more details on what the entry fee includes, please visit our FAQs.
Duplicate and replacement trophies can be purchased after the event - additional costs apply.
The fee does not include entry to the Awards Ceremony (please review the information on table packages).
The Judging panel is made up of independent judges and industry experts who all sign up to our Code of Conduct at the start of the process. You can find a complete list of judges here.
The judges are chaired by Roger Alexander and the judging process begins in October. A selection of the judges review and score all the qualifying entries and compile a shortlist in each category. Entries are judged against the criteria specifically detailed on this website.
The judges rely exclusively on the information provided by the Award entrants in the standard question and answer format and not on any prior knowledge that they may have.
All judges meet for a final judging day and vote for the overall winners of each award.
The judges’ decision is final and there will be no opportunity for appeal, discussion or correspondence.